Friday, September 13, 2013

Designer Love of the Moment


Hi everyone, 
Sorry for the fairly long post-break, I've been busy savoring the last few days of holidays with my boyfriend before heading back to university.... The sadness of long distance relationships!!
And as you all know, Kym is still driving around in the US and shopping til she drops, haha!
Anyhow, today I thought I'd write a little about a designer brand that I love, which I thought might be interesting, as I tend to talk mostly about fairly cheap and affordable brands and not so much runway fashion. I'm sure you've heard of it: KENZO Paris, a luxury designer label that was founded in Paris by the japanese designer Kenzo Takada in 1970. Having been a little forgotten in past years, Kenzo made a huge comeback this season with an incredibly trendy new collection that has inspired many brands to copy them (I'm looking at you, H&M, stealing all the prints!!)
I have spent houuuurs looking at their gorgeous designs. The collection consists mostly of fairly abstract prints: Salvador Dalí inspired tiger prints, big, bold, black eye prints, dreamy cloud prints and bold letterings of the brand. I'm especially taken with their jumpers. One of them, the green Kenzo Tiger jumper, has become all the rage among fashionistas in past months, and I really understand why!
The color adds a statement to any outfit, the slightly street wear inspired design screams individuality and glams up any outfit, and the KENZO logo print insinuates luxury. I want one soooo bad, but at approx. 300€, these babies are just waaay out of my budget. You can check ebay, however, a few fairly good dupes are on sale up there for about 30 to 50 euros. Definitely worth it.



If you'd rather go for something less iconic than the green Kenzo jumper, there's plenty more gorgeous pieces in the collection. More printed jumpers, embossed boots, embroidered bags, shiny skirts, funky parkas, beautiful scarves. I am genuinely really in love with all of them. The only problem, once again, is the more than hefty price tag. At 300 to 600€ per item, all of these gorgeous garms at far out of my reach. For now, at least. In the meanwhile, I will continue swooning over the brilliant cloud-printed jumper in soft colors, the knitted logo jumper, and especially the tiger embossed leather booties.

If like me, you are really impatient to get your hands on similar items, there is plenty of fashion houses that have been, if not completely ripping off, then at least inspired by the Kenzo prints. Check out some of the items H&M has recently released, such as their all over eye-print leggings, the eye-print skirt, their dupe of the green tiger jumper (which I have to admit I own), or some of their eye-print tops. Seen this before, anyone?
While I do think it's shameless (and actually surprised that it's legal?), I am still grateful that I can buy similar prints for a tiny fraction of the price. Kenzo, make a cheaper line for poor girls like me!!

Any luxury labels that you are in love with? I'm thinking of making my "Designer Love of the Moment"- and where to find dupes, a kind of monthly article. Interested? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment