Friday, August 16, 2013

B ♡ DIY

Hi everyone!

Did I mention I am sick? Yeah it hasn't really gotten better. But as I mentioned yesterday, I have had plenty of time to do a few DIY projects. A few days ago, my boyfriend's mum and I decided to make home-made ravioli: rolling out the dough, cutting out the little ravioli shapes, and filling them with a spinach ricotta and creamy mushroom filling. They were really delicious, and because we used healthy fillings and little oil to make them, they didn't really interfere too much with my dieting! Here a little picture of the filling process. Served with a little tomato puree and a basil leaf, these were quite nice.

My second DIY project was a sunny, yellow beaded necklace. I found a DIY guide for it on this cute blog, and the directions to it were great, it was really easy, so big shout-out to Secretlyafashionista for this adorable statement necklace! Summer is coming to an end, so I tried to keep a little sunshine with me with these shiny little yellow beads. For the full guide to do it, just check out her blog, but here a couple of pictures of me creating the necklace!
 

I also found two little green, blue, white, yellow and red tartan buttons in an old box of buttons, and hotglued them to a set of tiny ear-studs! They now match my new tartan scarf that the boyfriend's parents brought me back from Edinburgh and which I can't wait to wear in Autumn and Winter.



 Admittedly, after the first 30 or so little beaded strands, I got sooooo bored, but in a way it's kind of therapeutic too because you don't even really need to think about what you're doing. Other than needing a little patience, this is a super easy way to make a really cute statement necklace to keep the sunshine in. (Excuse my horribly chipped nail polish guys, I've been lazy and not re-done them...)




And here a couple of pictures of me wearing the finished necklace (this was before I got really ill). Do you guys have any good DIY projects and jewelry tutorials? I've been loving doing little crafty things lately and I'm constantly looking for more. I might do a GIVEAWAY of a necklace like this one, would you be interested? Comment below and let me know if you'd like me to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment