Thursday, August 15, 2013

B ♡ MAC

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all well (and if we have any readers in the UK that finished school this year, I hope all your A-level results went as you wanted!). I for one am sick, cuddled up in my old uni jumper on the couch, watching the BBC and having cups of tea brought to me by the boyfriend. Ugh.
The upside to this is that I have plenty of time for blogging. I did a few DIY's, a "what's in my make-up bag" photo shoot, a 5 piece mini-haul, aaaaand this little article here! A few days ago I was out and about in town and realized that The Hague does, contrary to what I believed, have a MAC Cosmetics counter in one of the biiiig shopping centers (right next to the Chanel counter, swoon!).
Obviously, I couldn't resist. I am trying to save money for my trip to Helsinki next week so I only got one piece: the MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in the shade Creme Cup.


From experience, i know that MAC lipsticks are my favorite out of any brand I've ever tried, and since my Creme In Your Coffee one is running out, I wanted to get another "your lips but better" kind of nude-y shade. I ended up going for Creme Cup, which is quite a pink-y nude, after remembering how lovely it looks on Sammi from beautycrush. Since the price tag for these is really high (18,50€) I wanted to pick one that I was sure I'd like with my skin shade, so I tried it on in the shop.
The formula is smooth and quite matte with the slightest shiny hint on the lips, the color come-off is a light gorgeous pink. (Sorry, you can see that I'd already used the lipstick in the below picture!)


I love the color because it is fresh and summery, and it's so easy to throw on when you're on the go, you don't need any lip liner, and if you want the pink to be even more obvious, just dab a little foundation onto your lips before you apply the lipstick (you can also dab a little powder onto the color to make it more matte, as it's a little shiny). Since it's a cremesheen, the formula is incredibly soothing and moisturizing for the lips, which I love, because it means I can wear it every day without my lips drying out, but the lasting power isn't as good as for MACs matte lipsticks and you have to reapply a few times a day and after having a meal. All in all, I am smitten. My heart forever belongs to MAC. Verdict? 10/10, will buy again and again and again.



My camera ran out of battery as I was taking these pictures, so you'll have to do with this picture from my macbook webcam to see how it looks on me! How have your holidays been so far? Have you done any naughty beauty product shopping? Let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment