Sunday, August 18, 2013

FM4 Frequency Festival

Hello Sweeties! I'm back!

As I mentioned in my last article, my boyfriend and me went to the FM4 Frequency Festival in St. Pölten, Austria. Three days full of heat and sun during the day (about 30°C in the shadow, but there weren't many you could hide in) and freezing weather during the night, and yes I am not exaggerating, temperatures dropped to 7°C! We were not prepared for this, although we know it always gets cold at festivals during the night, we were not expecting such coldness in summer. This meant shivering in the tent during the night and waking up from sweating because of the heat at about 8am every morning.
I will not start moaning now, although there are many downsides to being at a festival and sleeping in a tent. The festival itself was a blast! I love how people change so much when being on a festival and this not only because they were drunk, they get friendlier because things don't matter, really laid back and ready to have a good time all the time. Of course there are the aggressive and bitchy ones as well but they are only the minority.
Now to the bands. There were two parks, the day park and the night park; the first one features rock and indie bands and you can find electronic music artists in the second one. Among the headliners were System of a Down, Die Toten Hosen (they are incredibly famous among german speaking countries), Tenacious D, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Franz Ferdinand and Flogging Molly, plus the DJs in the night park like Major Lazer, Zeds Dead, Skism, Subfocus and many more. You can find a poster with nearly the entire line-up here.
I was mainly there to see Fall Out Boy and Billy Talent perform because I am a long time fan and so happy about FOB's reunion. The artists I have seen perform were System of a Down, Tenacious D, Billy Talent  and Fall Out Boy (as I mentioned before), Left Boy (I can really recommend him!), Kraftklub, The Fratellis, 3 Feet Smaller, Laura Mvular, Skunk Anasie, Awolnation, Delta Heavy and Skism. I would have loved to see more but my feet hurt so bad and also my boyfriend has an injury on his ankle so we had to filter out the ones we wanted to see most.
I am totally happy to have been there, I had so much fun despite my major sunburn and some pain in my feet. Below you find the few pictures I have shot!

Billy Talent performance - the street names in our "tent hotel" - outfit of day two with disco leggings and gem necklace - my boyfriend chilling with a beer in front of our tent - "save rock'n'roll" banner for Fall Out Boy which many people approved to - my boyfriend and me - me exposed to the sun - Kraftklub performance aka my iPhone not being able to take good pictures at night - punk-y me with war paint on my cheeks and again a Fall Out Boy (and festival-)themed banner

No comments:

Post a Comment