Saturday, August 10, 2013

B's "currently vibing"


It's been a little while since I last wrote about the things in fashion and beauty that I'm currently loving, so I thought I'd do a little updated version.

Dark Eyebrows // Blonde Hair


The thing that I love the most in the beauty world right now is the dark and thick eye brow + blonde hair trend. My own hair is ombré-d to about ear length and very long and blonde, with quite a bit darker roots, very similar to Drew Barrymore's hair in this picture. I just really love how the dark and thick, very defined eye brows contrast with the blonde hair - the stronger the contrast, the better, I think. I don't really care for their music, but Rihanna and Rita Ora look amazing with their dyed blonde hair, dark defined eye brows and bold red lips, and both Cara Delevingne and model pal Suki Waterhouse make me jealous with their perfect hair/brow combinations. Think I will be loving this for a long time.

Tropical Colors, Scents and Flavors


I totally realize I've said this before, but I am just REALLY into tropical things lately. While I do really love tropical prints on clothes, it's mostly scents and flavors that drive me crazy. I have been buying lots of scented candles lately, and now have my eye on these two: Yankee Candles are just the best, and "Black Coconut" and "Tropical Pineapple" literally sound like they were created for me! I've been digging little funky keychains too, and while I can't afford this little Mulberry pineapple gem, it definitely meets my tropical love. Because I am dieting at the moment, I don't really allow myself any sugary drinks at all except for the morning orange juice, but sometimes I buy one of these Rubicon tropical fruit juices as a little treat. To add to my biiiig collection, I am eyeing both the Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter and the Aloe Lip Care - when the sun shines in my face all day, I need to remember to moisturize my lips frequently. For a sexy evening glow, the MAC Tropical Taboo Mineralize Skinfinish is perfect. And last but not least, the Batiste dry shampoo in the coconut & exotic scent. Literally addicted, I keep re-buying it.

Flowers // Cacti
I suppose that one's pretty self explanatory, and also goes hand in hand with my love of tropical things, but big, bold, colorful flowers and green, juicy cacti just make me feel really happy! I recently adopted a little palm tree and a cactus from Ikea, and they really brighten up my room a lot.

Tattoos // Piercings

When I think of it, tattoos and piercings shouldn't even be in my "currently vibing" list, because I've loved them for such a long time and can't see myself stopping any time soon. I have both, tats and piercings, myself - a crescent moon inked on my forearm which I've mentioned before and you can see here and here. To match my moon, I'm planning on getting a sun very soon. The one in the top right hand corner is literally perfection and is what I want to get! I also have quite a few other tattoo ideas, so keep your eyes open for future tat articles :) I also really love piercings. I currently have three on each lobe (the second piercing on my left lobe is currently stretched to 3mm and I'm planning to go up to 5mm) and a cartilage, as well as a nose ring. I'm really thinking of getting a couple of other piercings - both nipples, my navel and quite a few further ear piercings (especially rook and tragus) are all options I'm debating and planning on for the future, but for now my biggest plans are continuing to stretch my second lobe as well as finally getting my sun inked!

There's lots of other things I'm currently loving, such as nude make up, moon and sun patterns and jewelry, contrast sleeve coats, avocado and lime in every way shape and form, cute socks, matte lipsticks, messy beach waves, tanning cream, any kind of cocktails! but especially Mai Tai's with LOTS  of rum, and TONS of other things, but I thought I'd show you my top 4.

What are you loving? Share your "currently vibing" with us in the comments below

No comments:

Post a Comment