Sunday, August 18, 2013

B's ''What's in my Make-up Bag''


Hi everyone!

I am leaving for Finland early on tuesday morning, and because I need a little time off, won't be taking my macbook with me. Tomorrow is my boyfriend's little brother's birthday, and because we're really good friends, I have spent the last two days shopping for presents and making a huuuuuge pass-the-parcel! I also bought a gorgeous pair of black and white tribal print hareem trousers with cuffed ankles which are so great for relaxing and perfect for the last days of hot weather because of the light and floaty material. Since I'm leaving on tuesday, I thought I would try to squeeze in one or two more posts before being MIA for a week, so I decided to do a little "what's in my make-up bag" post. Relevant, since that will be the bare necessities I will take with me to Finland because I want to travel super light.


Here are my bare essentials:
Short blusher brush: I use this for contouring, to apply bronzer, to buff foundation in case I need to reapply during the day an to blend my blush or apply highlighter to my cheekbones.

Benefit "Sugarbomb" Lipgloss: I usually really dislike lipglosses, as I nearly always find them incredibly sticky, get my hair caught in it, and find it drying on my lips. This one, however, blows my mind. It has a subtle sparkle and the color is very "your lips but better" kind of dark-pink nude. Lovely to just throw on and go, and it definitely adds a little glamorous sheen to your lips. Plus it smells de-li-cious.

MAC "Creme In Your Coffee": my favorite lipstick by MAC. I have naturally very light lips, so this is an essential for me to look alive haha! It's a dark red/pink-ish nude and because it is a cremesheen, it's incredibly moisturizing. This has been in my make-up bag non-stop, so I need to re-buy this soon.

MAC "Creme Cup": This is a recent acquisition of mine, and since it's a cremesheen as well, it's super moisturizing too. The color is more a light-pink kind of nude, very girly and gorgeous in summer. 

Maybelline Great Lash Separating Mascara: I use this in combination with another mascara for length and volume, because I'm typically not too fond of plastic wands. This however is pretty great because it separates my lashes like nothing else I've ever tried, and with a topcoat my lashes look great!

Maybelline Fit Me Powder: I love this powder. It adapts to your skintone, gives a nice matte finish and stays in place all day long. Definitely recommend (and as you can see, I need to buy it again really soon.)

Chanel Pencil Sharpener: self explanatory. I use this for my brow pencil, my kohl, and my white eye-liner which I use in my waterline for a bigger-eye effect.

Chanel "Allure" Eau de Toilette Sample: I like to always  have a small sample of one of my favorite perfumes in my make-up bag, so I can retouch during the day without having to carry the full size in my handbag. This one is sweet and summery and absolutely lovely.

Benefit "High Beam" Highlighter: again, I like to carry smaller or sample sizes of my favorite products to make my make-up bag lighter. This is one of my absolute favorite ever products. It's creamy and gives the most gorgeous dewy look. I use it on the back of my nose, my brow bones and my cheeks.

Maybelline LumiTouch Highlighting Concealer: did I mention I am pretty fond of Maybelline products? This is great because it conceals my dark circles under my eyes as well as uneven pigment spots really well, and gives a nice "awake" effect in photographs. Staple piece in my make-up bag.

Maybelline Matte Mousse Foundation in "Ivory": I have been loving this product, because I can use it without any primer (it glides on really well), I don't even need to use a brush because it's very easy to apply evenly, and I don't need to use any setting powder as it has a great matte finish. All in one!

MAC Blusher brush: I use this for contour powder, blush and highlighting powder.

MAC "Expensive Pink" Eyeshadow: Lovely when you want a light but slightly sparkly eye to wear with a more dominant (for ex. purple or red) lipstick for a gorgeous evening look.

MAC "Brulé" Eyeshadow: my favorite MAC eyeshadow. Gorgeous slightly matte, slightly satin-y finish, light creamy/nude-y color. Great for a neutral-nude eye and a more bold lip.

MAC "Bronze" Eyeshadow: bronze-y brown eyeshadow, which is great for a brown smokey eye or to use in the crease for every day wear.

Hema Eyebrow Gel in Brown: this is just a supermarket product, but it's actually a great brow gel, with a slight tint. It's super easy to use and you can just pop it on and go without too much of a fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment