Thursday, August 29, 2013

B ♡ Finland


Hey guys!

As I mentioned a billion times (I got a bit carried away, I was just so excited) I went to Finland on a holiday last week. Me and my boyfriend and his parents went on a little city trip: we flew from Amsterdam to Helsinki, stayed there for two days in a little flat which we rented (it had a sauna, what an absolute dream luxury, I went like 3 times a day). Helsinki is genuinely one of the best cities I have ever visited, and I have seen quite a few! It's such a gorgeous mix between a scandinavian sea-side city, but it also has many eastern european, especially russian, architectural influences. I would describe it like the best possible mix between Copenhagen and Moscow! The design district is pretty incredible - sleek, practical, gorgeous designs to be bought at every street corner. It's also the birthplace of the Moomins, a childrens tv program I loved dearly. Instead of making a whole big photo heavy post, I decided to do little snap-shot collages:


After a few days in Helsinki, we took the ferry over to Tallinn, which is the capital of Estonia. Tallinn looks a lot more like some of my austrian neighbor places, such as the Czech Republic (especially Prague). The old town is gorgeous and quite medieval looking, but sadly it's floooooded with a bunch of (especially Australian actually!) tourists who come to get drunk on the very cheap alcohol. Great hotel though, with a Spa and sauna area once again. Definitely a wellness holiday for me! I really needed it, too - I recently took a break from my birth control (I try to do it every six months or so to give myself a little break from hormones) which has made me gain a few pounds and my skin break out, so I've felt a bit horrible during my holiday :( The sauna has helped a little though, and I'm back on track dieting and exercising with my old annoying pal Jillian Michaels.

After two nights in Tallinn, we got the ferry back to Helsinki, where we stayed at the most breaaaathtaking hotel: the Glo Art Hotel Helsinki which is sooooo modern, sooooo gorgeous, suuuuch great food, and it looks like this. The next day we hopped on a train and went to Turku, for our last two finnish nights. Turku is the old capital of Finland, further on the western coast. It's really cute, too, but it definitely doesn't come close to Helsinki. I also bought quite a few Moomintroll items, like a little printed glass, a key chain, plenty of post cards, a hair spray and tissues haha. Couldn't help myself, they are just the cuuuuuutest! Secretly wish I could have gone to Moominland hahaha.

Admittedly, one of my favorite parts of the trip was to get the chance to finally go into the Monki shops! Since they're a scandinavian brand, they're a bit hard to come by in central Europe, so I went a little nuts and shopped quite a bit. I bought a canvas tote bag, a printed tank top, an acid wash tee, a semi-transparent swing dress, some funky tights, two pairs of patterned socks, a red knitted light weight jumper in red with a slogan (very similar to the wildfox couture ones actually) and a crop top. Went a bit mad, as I said! I am currently shooting pictures of all the items to upload soon, to bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment