Thursday, August 22, 2013

Catrice Cosmetics Appreciation


I have actually sworn to myself not to buy anything before my trip to the United States since clothes and beauty products are much cheaper there, but I have a really good excuse: Catrice Cosmetics are not sold in the US and I grew really fond of them lately! Plus they are really cheap compared to other brands like Maybelline, L'Oréal or even MAC Cosmetics. In the past few weeks I acquired their foundation, pressed powder, camouflage cream, two primers, eyebrow set and the three mascaras shown in the picture, and I use all of them on an everyday basis.




I will start to talk about their face make-up. On the top left, you can see the Photo Finish 18h Liquid Foundation (I am using the shade 020 Rosy Beige). I get really unsure when it comes to picking a new foundation. My Maybelline Super Stay 24h Make-Up has been a total disappointment especially for the price, so I decided to search for a new one. I immediately thought about Catrice, so I have spent one evening scrolling through hundreds of reviews of this product (yes, I do have that much spare time lately) and then decided to go for it. I have to say it was one of the best decision I made about make-up, it has a medium coverage and makes my skin look soft and smooth with an oil-free solution. When it comes to the Camouflage Cream (bottom left), I might have bought a too dark shade (030 Rosy Beige) because I went after the name and not the number. Nevermind that, it covers up perfectly while blending with my skin tone and is also works fine as concealer. Bianca has recommended using primers to me so I totally went for it and chose the Prime and Fine Eyeshadow Base and the Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner for invisible pores and lines. I am impressed by how long my eyeshadow stays in places without wandering to the crease with this product! As you can see I have used the facial primer already but I haven't seen any results worth talking about yet. My latest acquisition is the All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder I haven't used much yet because unfortunately I am too tanned. I will let you know about how it works.



As you can see the eyeshadows palettes on the left and on the right side are a bit older and used up. The left one isn't even sold anymore and the right one, the Absolute Nude Eyeshadow Palette, is my absolute favorite combination of colors of all time, I actually wear it every day. In the middle there is the Eye Brow Set, and the colors in my picture are much closer to reality than the ones on the website! I am totally happy about the small tweezer and the small brush and comb combination, they work really fine and the darker color merges with the one of my eyebrows.



This pictures shows perfectly that I am a fan of big brushes. I am certain that the bigger the brush the bigger the volume and I have not been proven wrong yet. The Better Than False Lashes Mascara in ultra black on the left reminds me a lot of my Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Mascara, that I entirely used up some days ago, but this one is a much cheaper version. So is The Giant Extreme Volume Mascara, although the brush itself is too big to get to the outer corner and color the tinier hair, which is a bit of a disappointment. The Glamour Doll Volume Mascara on the right has been in my make-up treasure for a while now and I use it to define and brush my lashes.



Last but not least: Catrice nail polishes. I don't own many but the colors are beautiful and quick-drying, f.l.t.r: 07 Genius in a Bottle, 090 Karl Says Très Chic, 03 Papa Don't Peach, 810 ACid/DC and 620 Captain Sparrow's Boat. The peach and yellow-green-ish one were gifts from Bianca. I recommend applying a base coat for all of them, especially for ACid/DC. I love shadowy-color-changing effect of the first one from the left and the shimmery metallic look of the two ones on the right. I am not that much into orange but I cannot deny that it is a perfect color for summer, but what I am is a fan of pink/red tones so the Ultimate Nude pink shade is  totally my type. It says "new brush" but this is a really old version of this nail polish so now it's the normal Catrice nail polish brush.

I am aware that this post is quite long but I wanted to share with you the love I have for this brand. I can recommend any product they have. Day after day I fall in love with the items I own even more and I use most of them daily. Do you have any brand you canot go without?

1 comment: